Streaming Current Monitors & Detectors – StreamerSense
Streaming Current Monitors and Streaming Current Detectors from Pi use streaming current measurement (similar to Zeta Potential) to maintain proper electrokinetic charge (ionic & colloidal) in coagulation control applications in water treatment. Effectively these coagulation analysers detect and control the level of residual coagulant. The objective is to keep this residual at a minimum while maintaining desired final water quality and process efficiency.
The Streaming Current Monitor can be used as an effective feedback coagulation control tool allowing the operator to optimise the coagulation dose, effectively building a coagulation analyser.
Maintain Optimum Dosage with StreamerSense
The coagulation analyser uses streaming current measurement to maintain proper electrokinetic charge (ionic & colloidal) in the treated water. Effectively, it responds to changes in raw water characteristics (turbidity, colour, pH, etc.) and flow rates. This allows the operator, or an automated control device, to make the necessary coagulant feed adjustments in order to continuously maintain the optimum dosage. In some water treatment facilities the water chemistry is such that the coagulation analyser on its own is insufficient to properly control coagulation and in these applications the coagulation analyser (streaming current monitor) can be enhanced with UV254 measurement, turbidity measurement and pH measurement to create a multi-sensor coagulation control system.
Streaming Current Monitor 3D View
Please contact us for advice with any coagulation control application.
The treated water sample flows into the sample cell where it is drawn into the bore during the upstroke of the piston cycle and is expelled from the bore on the piston down stroke. Particles contained in the water are temporarily immobilised on the piston and cylinder surfaces. As the water is moved back and forth by the piston, charges surrounding these particles (+ and -) are moved downstream to the electrodes. This movement of like charges causes an alternating current to be generated, defined as “streaming current.” A signal gain selector, accessed through the menu screen, is used to select the best signal amplification. The signal amplification should be set where a normal change in dosage results in a desired deviation in streaming current (normally 30 units). The displayed streaming current value (SCV) should be considered as a relative reading due to amplification of the primary signal.
- Immediate response to process changes in coagulation treatment – coagulation monitor
- Maintain high quality finished water through improved coagulation control – coagulation controller
- Reduce coagulant/polymer costs – coagulant analyser
- Automate dosing coagulant/polymer dosing using the streaming current monitor – coagulant control
- Ensure coagulation reliability – coagulant analyser
- Improve operator efficiency – coagulant analyser
- Improve filter performance and coagulation treatment – coagulation controller
- Monitor your coagulation control process – coagulation monitor
Streaming Current Monitor Standard Features
- Patented sensor design
- Quick replacement probe and piston
- Self-diagnostic sensor
- High-volume flow minimises sensor fouling
- Removes electronics from harsh environments
- Corrosion-free Nema 4x enclosure (IP65)
- Optional computer interface
- Spare probe cartridge and piston included
- Auxiliary input signals
"The support from Pi and its partners is superb. They go above and beyond to ensure that, not only is their equipment perfect but that the process is working great too. Five Stars!"
Equip Solutions - Illinois, USA
Besoin d'un Prix?
Pas en France?