UV254 Analyser – UV254Sense
The UV254Sense UVA/UVT monitor provides real time organic UVA (ultra-violet absorbance) and UVT (ultra-violet transmission) analysis.
The real time monitoring of organics in water has improved greatly with technological improvements in spectral analysis of the ultraviolet light range using the UV254 analyser which as standard comes with UV transmittance and UV absorbance outputs. It does this by passing a low flow of water continuously through a fixed silica cuvette and by shining a UV254 light through the water measuring how much is absorbed (UVA) and how much is transmitted (UVT).
The concentration of contaminants such as the organics that lead to disinfection by products (DBPs) can be determined by measuring the light absorbed by a water sample at a particular wavelength (254nm). The absorbance of light used in UV254 monitors provides an indication of the amount of aromatic (or reactive) organic matter in water, making it an excellent choice as a surrogate measurement for total organic carbon (TOC) in monitoring organics removal from a process.
UV254 analysers from Pi allow for the detection of natural organic matter (NOM) which is found in all waters and has a bias towards aromatic compounds which provides significant benefit for monitoring DBP formation potential.
“… UV254, which is generally linked to the aromatic and unsaturated components of NOM, is considered a good predictor of the tendency of a source of water to form TTHM & HAAS”
- UVA (ultra-violet absorbance) is an excellent surrogate parameter for TOC, DOC, COD and colour.
- UVT (ultra-violet transmission) allows for the calculation of optimal UV dose for disinfection systems, improving efficiency.
- Accurate detection without the cost of reagents.
- Few ongoing service or maintenance requirements.
- Allows feed forward optimisation of coagulation control, resulting in decreases in chemical consumption, reduction in sludge removal costs and minimisation of DBP formation potential.
- Strong ROI with pay back on the analyser being seen by many customers within a few months.
- UVA measurement ensures performance of various contaminant removal technologies such as membranes (RO, NF, UF), ion exchange (nitrates and TOC removal) and granular activated carbon (GAC).
- Real time UVA analysers can provide a final check of effluent water quality and can alarm an operator in case of non-compliance.
- A UVA monitor can monitor the percentage removal of organics across any treatment system.
- Can be combined with a CRONOS® or CRIUS®4.0 for a multi-parameter UV254 analyser solution that suits your needs.
- Online continuous operation
- Patent pending Ortho-Beam technology
- 254nm wavelength UV light source
- Displays UV transmittance or absorbance values
"The support from Pi and its partners is superb. They go above and beyond to ensure that, not only is their equipment perfect but that the process is working great too. Five Stars!"
Equip Solutions - Illinois, USA
Everyone at Pi goes out of their way to be supportive and timely. Their expertise is unchallenged and I am very happy to endorse them as a quality supplier.
Chemtrac - Georgia, USA
Servicing customers is much more than just solving problems or addressing complaints and Pi does that very competently with technical and quick efforts providing a good experience.
Buckman - Latin America